As people get back into their week after the holiday weekend, all anybody can talk about is “Black Panther.” The film debuted in theaters over the weekend, grossing over $400 million worldwide. Erica Campbell talks about how rewarding it was to see her daughter, Krista, react to all the images of all those beautiful black people, especially dark-skinned women, as warriors and royalty onscreen.
GRIFF talks about some of the beautiful moments in the film that highlighted cultural unity on a level we don’t typically see on screen. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Don’t Have Cash For The Offering Basket? Don’t Worry, These Churches Have Apple Pay
- Everything You Need To Know About Stephon Clark
- Rest In Peace: Toys ‘R’ Us Founder Dead One Week After Company Goes Under
- Jonathan McReynolds Talks About Making Music People Can Relate To [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Anthony Brown Explains How God Pushed Him To Do The “I Got That” Music Video [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- An Ode To The Black Families Left Behind
- Maryland School Shooting Happened Over A Broken Heart
- This Beautiful 9-Year-Old Girl Committed Suicide After Being Teased For Her Braids
- Austin Bomber’s Death Didn’t Stop Black Victim’s Family’s Fear, Grief And Police Mistrust
- Sacramento Police Brutality Was Thriving Before Stephon Clark