April Harden is the church coordinator for Angel Tree Christmas. It’s an organization that helps families of incarcerated parents and brings the kids gifts. Many people don’t know, but over 2.7 million children have parents that are incarcerated.
April shared her story about how she went to prison from the ages of 17-20. She was caught drinking and driving and almost killed someone.
She mentioned that it was during that time in prison where she focused on God’s word. April got involved with Angel Tree Christmas when a woman brought over gifts to her kids when they found out the father of her children were in prison. April mentioned that her being in prison was her training in life.
She is still friends with the woman and spoke about how her kids were able to go to the summer camp. It is such a overwhelming feeling that a stranger helped her. She is so blessed and thankful for what God did for her as well as her family.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Visual Artist Earnest Shaw Immortalizes Aretha Franklin In The Charm City
- Tim Bowman Jr. Is Getting Ordained As A Pastor! [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- More Than Music: Aretha ‘Natural Woman’ Franklin Was A Civil Rights Hero, Too
- Did You Know Aretha Franklin’s First Album Was Gospel?
- Faith Walking: Holy Spirit In My Business [EXCLUSIVE]
- Pastor John Gray Talks About Why He Met With Donald Trump [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Cathy Hughes, Founder and Chairperson of Urban One, Inc., Mourns The Death Of Aretha Franklin
- Aretha Franklin, The Queen Of Soul, Dies At 76
- Baltimore City Woman Charged With DUI Twice In 20 Minutes
- Baltimore Police Officer Who Beat Man Caught On Video Pleads Not Guilty To Assault
Latice Crawford At The 2017 Prayer Breakfast
1.1 of 13
2.2 of 13
3.3 of 13
4.4 of 13
5.5 of 13
6.6 of 13
7.7 of 13
8.8 of 13
9.9 of 13
10.10 of 13
11.11 of 13
12.12 of 13
13.13 of 13
April Harden Shares How She Used Her Incarceration As Training [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on getuperica.com