April Harden is the church coordinator for Angel Tree Christmas. It’s an organization that helps families of incarcerated parents and brings the kids gifts. Many people don’t know, but over 2.7 million children have parents that are incarcerated.
April shared her story about how she went to prison from the ages of 17-20. She was caught drinking and driving and almost killed someone.
She mentioned that it was during that time in prison where she focused on God’s word. April got involved with Angel Tree Christmas when a woman brought over gifts to her kids when they found out the father of her children were in prison. April mentioned that her being in prison was her training in life.
She is still friends with the woman and spoke about how her kids were able to go to the summer camp. It is such a overwhelming feeling that a stranger helped her. She is so blessed and thankful for what God did for her as well as her family.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Get Up! News Roundup: Chick-fil-A To Make Fast Food Faster, Oreo Flavored Candy Canes Are In The Making & More
- Clarence Thomas’ Supreme Court Dissent Paves The Way For A ‘Racist’ Census
- 5 Things To Watch For In Georgia’s First Governor Debate Between Stacey Abrams And Brian Kemp
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Lessons We Learned Over The Weekend [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Ericaism: Forgiveness Feels Better [EXCLUSIVE]
- Details Of Botham Jean’s Family Lawsuit Against Dallas Are Revealed
- Andrew Gillum’s Grandmother Leaves Lasting Impression On Him [EXCLUSIVE]
- Trend Of HBCU Carjackings Raises Concerns For Black College Students In Atlanta
- Everything We Learned About A Successful Marriage From Will & Jada’s ‘Red Table Talk’
- 5 Ways to Extend Your Blowout When You Have Natural Hair
Latice Crawford At The 2017 Prayer Breakfast
1.1 of 13
2.2 of 13
3.3 of 13
4.4 of 13
5.5 of 13
6.6 of 13
7.7 of 13
8.8 of 13
9.9 of 13
10.10 of 13
11.11 of 13
12.12 of 13
13.13 of 13
April Harden Shares How She Used Her Incarceration As Training [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on getuperica.com