Dr. Ramel Smith is back and is talking about depression, suicide and seeking help. After the recent suicides of Anthony Bourdain and Kate Spade, the team is addressing how family and friends can help loved ones.
Many people go to pastors or others at church to seek help because they feel comfortable with that person. Dr. Ramel Smith mentioned just going to someone because you need support is a start. He also spoke about even before there is a problem we should be speaking to a therapist or psychologist.
When someone commits suicide studies show it affects 6 people that are very close to them. GRIFF also talked about the number of vets that commit suicide every year. Dr. Ramel Smith believes we can address that issue by helping them to re-enter society and prep them for it the same as we prepare them for war.
RELATED: Celebrity Suicides
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Feels Like Home: Israel & Adrienne Houghton Share Story Of How Their Supportive Marriage Encouraged Israel’s Album
- Healthy Ever After: How To Relieve Stress, Anxiety & Depression [VIDEO]
- Teen Shot At Intersection Of Mount Royal Avenue, Police Say He Was Targeted
- Buy Black Tuesday: Where To Shop In B’More [3-2-2021]
- Maryland To Get Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine Doses This Week
- Racist University Of Texas Song Shrugged Off By Alumni And Donors, Emails Show
- Wake Up & Win With Dr. Willie Jolley: The Dr. Maya Angelou Story (And Still You Can Rise!)
- Kirk Franklin Dishes On His New “Good Words” Podcast [EXCLUSIVE]
- InspireHER Awards: Nominate A Woman You Know Is Making A Difference
- Baltimore County Offering Uber Rides To Residents Who Need Transportation To Vaccination Sites
10 Celebrities We’ve Lost To Suicide [PHOTOS]
1. Don CorneliusSource: 1 of 10
2. Robin WilliamsSource: 2 of 10
3. Lee Thompson YoungSource: 3 of 10
4. Simone BattleSource: 4 of 10
5. Aaron HernandezSource: 5 of 10
6. Chris LightySource: 6 of 10
Source: 7 of 10
8. Alexander McQueen
Source: 8 of 10
9. Freddy E.
Source: 9 of 10
Same nigga since '91. pic.twitter.com/Uiwj0aPF— Freddy E. (@Freddy_E) January 5, 2013
10. Kate Spade
Source: 10 of 10
Dr. Ramel Smith: “Find A Psychologist Or Therapist Before You Need One” [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on getuperica.com