Dr. Ramel Smith is back and is talking about depression, suicide and seeking help. After the recent suicides of Anthony Bourdain and Kate Spade, the team is addressing how family and friends can help loved ones.
Many people go to pastors or others at church to seek help because they feel comfortable with that person. Dr. Ramel Smith mentioned just going to someone because you need support is a start. He also spoke about even before there is a problem we should be speaking to a therapist or psychologist.
When someone commits suicide studies show it affects 6 people that are very close to them. GRIFF also talked about the number of vets that commit suicide every year. Dr. Ramel Smith believes we can address that issue by helping them to re-enter society and prep them for it the same as we prepare them for war.
RELATED: Celebrity Suicides
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Community Leaders and Amtrak Break Ground On $150 Million Penn Station Upgrade
- CEO of ‘EBONY’ Eden Sklenar Discusses The Magazine’s History & 2021 EBONY Power 100
- Teddy & Tina Campbell Discuss The Road To Rekindling Their Marriage & Releasing “Marry Me”
- President Biden Talks Build Back Better Agenda & More During CNN Town Hall In Baltimore
- Dirt Biker Collides With Fire Truck In Southwest Baltimore, Dies
- Search For Gabby Petito’s Fiance Brian Laundrie Ends After Discovered Human Remains Prove To Be His
- GOP’s School Board Meetings Video That Dems Rejected Uses Black Parents To Push Anti-CRT Propaganda
- Suspended! White Math Teacher Wearing ‘Fake Feather Headdress’ Mocking Native Americans In Viral Video Is Placed On Leave
- What Mohamed Noor’s Re-Sentencing Means For Derek Chauvin’s Time In Prison
- Donald Trump Claims He’s Starting A ‘TRUTH’ Social Media Platform ‘To Stand Up To The Tyranny Of Big Tech’
10 Celebrities We’ve Lost To Suicide [PHOTOS]
Dr. Ramel Smith: “Find A Psychologist Or Therapist Before You Need One” [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on getuperica.com