Bishop T.D. Jakes is not only the senior pastor at The Potter’s House, but he’s also a producer and NY Times Best Seller. His new book, “Crushing: God Turns Pressure into Power,” will give fans of his work a bigger insight into Jakes life as well as help them understand things about themselves.
The book is built around the premise of Christ lifting up the cup.
Text “ERICA”to 52140 to join the Get Up! Mornings w/ Erica Campbell mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
He expressed that grapes are the only fruit that are raised to be crushed.
Jakes said, “Just like in our personal lives when we crush things it can make us better or bitter.”
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
He reflected on a time in his life when he lost his mother and his daughter, Sarah Jakes got pregnant at a young age. That experience made Sarah the woman she is today and it pushed her to another platform.
Jakes is hoping everyone can get a lesson out of this new book. Make sure you listen to the full interview up top!
5 Gospel Greats & Their Mainstream Matches [PHOTOS]
1. The Campbells & The CartersSource:Getty/WENN 1 of 5
2. The Walls Group & The MigosSource:Getty/WENN 2 of 5
3. The Manns & The ObamasSource:Getty/WENN 3 of 5
4. Jonathan McReynolds & Trey SongzSource:Getty/WENN 4 of 5
5. The Franklins & The SmithsSource:Getty/WENN 5 of 5
ALSO TRENDING ON GETUPERICA.COM:
- BET’s New “Sunday Best” Judges Revealed [VIDEO]
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Says Foolishness Like Laura Ingraham’s Disrespect Of Nipsey Hussle Is Why Adam Left Fox News
- Wendy Williams Is Working On A ‘New Life’ For Her, Her Son, Announces End Of Sobriety Treatment