A lawyer for the man convicted in the 2018 murder of 7-year-old Taylor Hayes is petitioning the Baltimore City Circuit Court to grant his client a new trial.
Keon Gray, through his attorney, filed the request Monday, citing an “unjust and improper verdict” in the case.
Gray was found guilty of second-degree murder earlier and six other charges this month in the shooting death of Taylor Hayes.
In the eight-page request, Gray’s attorney argued the jury’s verdict was “legally inconsistent” and said the defense was prevented from calling an assistant state’s attorney as a witness.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
For The Latest News: Follow @wolbbaltimore
#WeWillPersist: 10 Black Women Who Deserve Their Own Monuments
1. Black Girls Rock!Source: 1 of 11
2. Missy ElliottSource: 2 of 11
3. Former First Lady Michelle ObamaSource: 3 of 11
4. Congresswoman Maxine WatersSource: 4 of 11
5. Harriet TubmanSource: 5 of 11
6. Viola DavisSource: 6 of 11
7. Ida Bell Wells-BarnettSource: 7 of 11
8. Sojourner TruthSource: 8 of 11
9. Serena WilliamsSource: 9 of 11
10. Rosa ParksSource: 10 of 11
11. Shirley ChisholmSource: 11 of 11
Man Found Guilty In Taylor Hayes’ Murder Seeks New Trial was originally published on wolbbaltimore.com