The family of an armed robber fatally shot by an off-duty school police officer and a retired Department of Corrections officer are speaking out after his death.
Family members gathered outside City Hall Monday identified him as 22-year-old Devonte Jones and said they don’t believe he would have tried to rob anyone.
Investigators say Jones was shot when he tried robbing a group of men. That’s a stunning allegation, according to Jones‘s mother.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
For The Latest News: Follow @wolbbaltimore
#WeWillPersist: 10 Black Women Who Deserve Their Own Monuments
1. Black Girls Rock!Source: 1 of 11
2. Missy ElliottSource: 2 of 11
3. Former First Lady Michelle ObamaSource: 3 of 11
4. Congresswoman Maxine WatersSource: 4 of 11
5. Harriet TubmanSource: 5 of 11
6. Viola DavisSource: 6 of 11
7. Ida Bell Wells-BarnettSource: 7 of 11
8. Sojourner TruthSource: 8 of 11
9. Serena WilliamsSource: 9 of 11
10. Rosa ParksSource: 10 of 11
11. Shirley ChisholmSource: 11 of 11
Family Defends Robbery Suspect, After He’s Killed By Off-Duty Officer & Retired Officer was originally published on wolbbaltimore.com