Black women are the largest growing group of entrepreneurs. Thanks to women like Courtney Adeleye, we will continue to thrive in the business world. The founder and CEO of The Mane Choice has joined forces with MAV Beauty Brands to create a fund designed empower Black women and educate them on how to lay the foundation for generational wealth.
In a lengthy Instagram post she wrote,
“A $30 million dollar contribution from me to you!
Over the past 6 years, my team and I have had the privilege of creating healthy hair products for customers around the world. As your support for @themanechoice grew, our reach and community outreach did, too.
I’ve always been passionate about finding opportunities to give back and meet the needs of my community. My sisters and I were raised by a single mom in Detroit, Michigan, so I especially wanted to help women in a way that would have an impact not just today, but for generations to come. And even after countless giveaways, I knew there was still much more to be done.
I’ve been searching for ways to expand my reach to impact even more lives, and it was super important for me to find the perfect partner to continue and expand on the work I’ve already started in the community.
Today I’m excited to announce that I have made the strategic decision to partner with MAV Beauty Brands. With this expansion and being part of a publicly traded company comes limitless opportunities, the first of which includes the launch of The Generational Advantage Fund, where I am personally committing $30 million dollars focused on providing financial literacy programs to communities in need, fueling them with tools to succeed from generation to generation.
This new fund will help to formally provide women with access to financial literacy, capital, resources and support, mentorship, scholarships, and housing. The Generational Advantage Fund is designed to bridge the wealth gap for women now and for generations to come by not just alleviating an immediate need but providing resources to build generational wealth.
Follow @generationaladvantagefund and stay tuned for more information on how to get involved in this new venture.
This is much more than a partnership! I am taking my expertise and knowledge to a whole NEW level! I’m excited for the future and look forward to building generational wealth together!
Courtney entered the business world as a beauty and haircare YouTuber. She documented her hair journey while quickly building a dedicated following. She took the entrepreneurial leap and created The Mane Choice Hair Solution, a collection of natural haircare products that contribute to the growth and strength of natural hair. Her company quickly took off, turning into a multi-million dollar business.
I am so happy that Courtney is using her platform to pay it forward. Her investment in the Black community is the energy needed to empower people of color to become business owners and build generational wealth.
50 Of Our Favorite Natural Hair Moments On The Red Carpet
1. KERRY WASHINGTONSource:Getty 1 of 50
2. KERRY WASHINGTONSource:Getty 2 of 50
3. LUPITA NYONG'OSource:Getty 3 of 50
4. LUPITA NYONG'OSource:Getty 4 of 50
5. SOLANGESource:Getty 5 of 50
6. KIKI LAYNESource:Getty 6 of 50
7. KIKI LAYNESource:Getty 7 of 50
8. AMANDLA STENBERGSource:Getty 8 of 50
9. AMANDLA STENBERGSource:Getty 9 of 50
10. VIOLA DAVISSource:Getty 10 of 50
11. VIOLA DAVISSource:Getty 11 of 50
12. DANAI GURIRASource:Getty 12 of 50
13. DANAI GURIRASource:Getty 13 of 50
14. JANELLE MONAESource:Getty 14 of 50
15. JANELLE MONAESource:Getty 15 of 50
16. KERRY WASHINGTONSource:Getty 16 of 50
17. KERRY WASHINGTONSource:Getty 17 of 50
18. AMANDLA STENBERGSource:Getty 18 of 50
19. AMANDLA STENBERGSource:Getty 19 of 50
20. KIKI LAYNESource:Getty 20 of 50
21. KIKI LAYNESource:Getty 21 of 50
22. DANAI GURIRASource:Getty 22 of 50
23. DANAI GURIRASource:Getty 23 of 50
24. REGINA KINGSource:Getty 24 of 50
25. REGINA KINGSource:Getty 25 of 50
26. DANIELLE BROOKSSource:Getty 26 of 50
27. DANIELLE BROOKSSource:Getty 27 of 50
28. YARA SHAHIDISource:Getty 28 of 50
29. YARA SHAHIDISource:Getty 29 of 50
30. ISSA RAESource:Getty 30 of 50
31. JILL SCOTTSource:Getty 31 of 50
32. JILL SCOTTSource:Getty 32 of 50
33. LENA WAITHESource:WENN 33 of 50
34. LENA WAITHESource:WENN 34 of 50
35. NATASHA ROTHWELLSource:Getty 35 of 50
36. NATASHA ROTHWELLSource:Getty 36 of 50
37. TRACEE ELLIS ROSSSource:Getty 37 of 50
38. TRACEE ELLIS ROSSSource:Getty 38 of 50
39. GABRIELLE UNIONSource:Getty 39 of 50
40. GABRIELLE UNIONSource:Getty 40 of 50
41. TARAJI P. HENSONSource:WENN 41 of 50
42. TARAJI P. HENSONSource:WENN 42 of 50
43. ALICIA KEYSSource:Getty 43 of 50
44. ALICIA KEYSSource:Getty 44 of 50
45. RIHQANNASource:Getty 45 of 50
46. RIHANNASource:Getty 46 of 50
47. SLICK WOODSSource:Getty 47 of 50
48. ALEK WEKSource:Getty 48 of 50
49. ALEK WEKSource:Getty 49 of 50
50. MEAGAN GOODSource:Getty 50 of 50
Beauty Mogul Courtney Adeleye Contributes 30 Million To Fund Black Female Entrepreneurs was originally published on hellobeautiful.com