Thursday it was reported that the Disco world had lost another legend to medical circumstances. Disco Queen, Donna Summer left the world at the age of 63 after a long battle with cancer. The singer is known for her top hit singles like “Bad Girls” and “Hot Stuff”.
There’ s many things that many of us don’t know about the songstress. For example, she was the only person to have guest-hosted “Bandstand” in 1952. She is also one of seven children.
The singers love for music and ability to get people on the dancefloor made her memorable and idolized.
Check out a few other facts about Donna Summer.
- Donna Summer was born LaDonna Adrian Gaines on December 31, 1948 in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Ranked #37 on VH1′s Greatest Women of Rock N Roll
- Her 16 minute song, “Love To Love You Baby”, was the first extended release single, the mother of all dance maxi-singles.
- Became a grandmother in 1997 when daughter Mimi gave birth to a baby girl, Vienna
- In the summer of 1979, she became the first female artist in music history to have two hits in the Billboard Top 3 at the same time (with Hot Stuff and Bad Girls.) She did it yet again in the fall with a #1 duet with Barbra Streisand and #2 hit Dim All the Lights .
- Was the first artist to score three consecutive US #1 albums.
- Speaks German fluently
- Ranked #80 on VH1′s 100 Sexiest Artists.
- While living in Germany in the late 60s, she became a regular in the Berlin production of musical “Hair.”
- Cites her 1978 hit “Last Dance” as her favorite of her past recordings.
- Summer was a born-again Christian and recorded songs such as 1980s ‘I Believe In Jesus’ as part of her new-found faith.
Things You Didn’t Know About Donna Summer [Photos] was originally published on magicbaltimore.com
Call Out Sin! – Motivational Moment
Inspirational Lifestyles: A Faith That Works When Life Doesn’t – God Wants to Give you Wisdom
Radio One General Promotional Rules
Bill O’Reilly To Martin Luther King III: Blacks Should Wear ‘Don’t Get Pregnant At 14′ Shirts
SMS ESIGN Consent & Text Policy and Text Club Terms
How Much Are Kobe Bryant’s Basketball Cards Worth?
Coppin State University Launches Housing Initiative For Low-Income Students
Prayer Requests “Pray For Family Love”