Whitman & Bloom is a serious dining establishment. Don’t let that turn you off though. It’s a quaint restaurant tucked away in New York City’s Murray Hill. Serving up accessibly priced inventive, seasonal local eats with a hearty and updated comfort food twist, Whitman & Bloom is a must-try.
Whitman & Bloom serves brunch and dinner. The cocktail program employs a modern twist on cocktail favorites and also features originals and some that are a little more playful. The beer selection impressively includes a 12-tap craft beer lineup with beers from local craft breweries.
Consulting chef, John J. Loughran’s philosophy is to buy local and be creative. This is evident in every dish he offers at his restaurants as well as the rustic and inviting Whitman & Bloom, which features made-to-order flatbreads from the restaurant’s wood oven, such as the Wild Mushroom, Charred Brussels Sprouts and Ham. He also added reimagined classics to the menu such as the Dryed Hanger Steak with roasted potato, pickled charred cabbage and bone marrow-vinaigrette and the Pan Seared Skate with roasted sweet potato, caramelized fennel and tarragon brown butter to highlight a few.
Owners, Ronan Conlon and Mark Fox teamed up to create this sacred space. With two other amazing restaurants under their belt (Cask Bar & Kitchen and Banc Café), Conlon and Fox tapped Andrew Breslin, a partner in Banc Café and owner of The Red Lion in Greenwich Village to morph Whitman & Bloom from concept to creation. Conlon describes Whitman & Bloom as, “a homey spot that feels like a country kitchen meets farmhouse library.”
Check Out This Gallery Of Vegetarian Recipes To Try!
21 Vegetarian Recipes To Jumpstart Your Healthy Eating
1. Nutritious & Delicious Vegetarian Recipes1 of 22
2. Brown Sugar Sprouts With Cranberries & Walnuts2 of 22
3. Nachos Al Fresco3 of 22
4. Sweet Potato Kale Pot Pie4 of 22
5. Parmesan Pearl Couscous5 of 22
6. Sprout, Sweet Potato & Apple Saute6 of 22
7. Beet Gratin7 of 22
8. Beet & Frisee Salad8 of 22
9. Bucatini Taragon Cream Sauce9 of 22
10. Mexican Tortilla "Pizza"10 of 22
11. Portobello Stack With Artichokes, Red Pepper & Walnut Goat Cheese11 of 22
12. Root Vegetable Tian12 of 22
13. Brussels Sprout Salad With Buttermilk Dressing13 of 22
14. Spicy Mango Apple Chutney14 of 22
15. Spinach Mango Salad15 of 22
16. Walnut Pesto Orecchiette16 of 22
17. Roasted Beets17 of 22
18. Zucchini Lasagna18 of 22
19. Kale & Crispy Chickpeas19 of 22
20. Cucumber Gazpacho20 of 22
21. Roasted Red Pepper Basil Alfredo21 of 22
22. Green Beans & Shallots22 of 22
SHE EATS: NYC’s Whitman & Bloom’s Seasonal Eats Will Change Your Life, Seriously [REVIEW] was originally published on hellobeautiful.com