Nia Mya Reese is proving that age is just a number when it comes to living out your dreams. The eight-year-old has a top selling book on Amazon How To Deal With and Care For Your Annoying Little Brother.
According to CBS News, the second grader got the idea for her book when her first grade teacher asked the class to write a story about what they excel in. The Alabama-native focused her assignment on how she is a good sister to her “downright annoying” 5-year-old brother Ronald Michael.
“I will sometimes have to say no,” she told CBS. “He will throw the ball and the ball will just goes flying everywhere. And it sometimes hits me.”
Seeing the potential in her daughter’s work, Reese’s mother Cherinita encouraged her to continue the project over the summer.
“Work on your sentences. Work on the spelling, work on the way that it’s worded,” Cherinita recalled. “And that will be your summer project.”
From there it didn’t take Nia very long to write her book, a few days to be exact she told CBS.
When asked what her her biggest takeaway was from the writing experience, Nia Mya said it has empowered her to shoot for the stars.
“I learned to follow my own dreams.”
SOURCE: CBS News
How Sway? White House Believes Feeding Hungry Kids After School Is A Waste Of Money
5-Year-Old Recreates Iconic Photos Of Notable Black Women For Black History Month
Where Are Our Girls? 10 Black Teens Have Gone Missing In The Washington, D.C. Area
Also On Spirit 1400:
15 photos Launch gallery
1 of 15
2. Thank You Jesus for giving me my smile back. I sure do appreciate You.
2 of 15
3. I've been feeling this pink lip color lately. My hubby, @ejgaines, says that if I were a color, I'd be hot pink. I'm with it! Lol
3 of 15
4. 2 services, 7 songs, headed to airport, flight in a few, concert tonight in Indiana and I'm still smiling! #LifeLessons
4 of 15
5. This little light of mine...#Unstoppable#GrayingGracefully
5 of 15
6. Smiling Days
6 of 15
7. Red carpet ready!!! @siralgernon is everything!!! Showed some of his hidden talents with this whole look. Lol!!!! #journeytothetruth #stopatthestellars #stellars2015
7 of 15
8. When I'm bored... In my @rebdolls black dress love them! 💞
8 of 15
9. In my office preparing to teach biblical studies tonight...God's word is overwhelmingly GOOD!!! @getthevictory 7pm.
9 of 15
10. Great things happening! 2015 is the year to get things DONE!
10 of 15
11. Happy Sunday!
11 of 15
12 of 15
13. It feels good to be home in Deeeeeetroit for a few days! Trying to catch up with all my people while i'm in town!😎
13 of 15
14. Trumpet Awards Selfie!!!! I SO Enjoyed This Show!!! Man!!! Yall are gonna love it! #Blessed
14 of 15
15 of 15