Mayor Catherine Pugh has fired commissioner Kevin Davis as head of the city’s police force. Deputy Commissioner Darryl D. DeSousa will replace Commissioner Kevin Davis as the department’s 40th police commissioner.
Commissioner- Designate DeSousa, a New York City native who moved to Baltimore in 1983 and went to Morgan State University, will assume responsibility for the department immediately, the mayor says. Following appropriate approvals, his appointment as Commissioner will be made permanent.
“As I have made clear, reducing violence and restoring the confidence of our citizens in their police officers is my highest priority,” Mayor Pugh said.
- St. Jude: Give To Get Your Shirt
- Maverick City Music and Kirk Franklin Does An NPR Tiny Desk For Black Music Month
- Maryland Lawmakers Pledge To Put Abortion Rights In State Constitution
- Report: 35 People Have Been Killed So Far This Month In Baltimore City
- Kirk Franklin ‘Passes The Baton’ To Maverick City Music At The BET Awards
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @‘92qjamsbmore’
Mayor Pugh Fires Baltimore Police Commissioner Kevin Davis was originally published on 92q.com