OWN’s upcoming series Queen Sugar looks super intense and emotional, but what else can you expect from film visionary Ava DuVernay?
The drama looks steamy, as the teaser quickly moves through shots from the show that range from sexy to all-out terrifying.
In the spirit of true girl power, a woman will direct each of the episodes.
In an age of #hollywoodsowhite, there’s nothing better than seeing our sheroes write and direct the next great television narratives.
Check out the trailer below:
SOURCE: Entertainment Weekly | VIDEO CREDIT: YouTube | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
14 Amazing Photos Of Oprah Winfrey’s Hair Over The Years
1. The classic ’70s layered look.Source: 1 of 13
2. The bigger her career got, the bigger her hair.Source: 2 of 13
3. ’80s kween tresses.Source: 3 of 13
4. She brought the ’90s in with style…and fringe.Source: 4 of 13
5. Boss bangs and buoyancy.Source: 5 of 13
6. Looks like Oprah rocked the chic bowl cut before RiRi became known for it.Source: 6 of 13
7. Layered and luminous.Source: 7 of 13
8. Queen O’s hair is full of life.Source: 8 of 13
9. Tamed golden curls are her go-to look.Source: 9 of 13
10. This elegant curly updo works for Oprah, the actress.Source: 10 of 13
11. The media mogul’s ‘fro is on fleek.Source: 11 of 13
12. Locks fit for a Queen.Source: 12 of 13
13. Her straightened push-back is laid to the gods.Source: 13 of 13
All Hail ‘Queen Sugar’: Ava DuVernay Releases Trailer For New Show On OWN was originally published on hellobeautiful.com