Text “ERICA” to 52140 to join the Get Up! Mornings w/ Erica Campbell mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
This Friday begins American Heart Month. If you didn’t know, heart disease is the leading cause of death for women.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Many women live with a heart disease and aren’t even aware of it. Dr. Icy spoke about how this disease is a silent thief in the night that could kill you, but can also be preventable.
Women need to not ignore their bodies and take care of themselves. Yearly checkups can help prevent the disease as well as taking the extra steps to do physically activity.
SEE ALSO: 10 Healthy Meal Delivery Services To Try
Dr. Icy mentioned that going to the gym, portion control and staying away from food that are high in fat and salt will help prevent the disease.
Debora Grandison spoke about how years ago she was suffering from a irregular heartbeat. She was in the hospital for a while and now has an insulin pump as well as a pacemaker. This assists her to still live and have time with friends and family.
You can find out more about the American Heart Association and Go Red for Women, here.
Check out healthy smoothies below.
ALSO TRENDING ON GETUPERICA.COM:
- 12 Gospel Artists Who Are Also Pastors [PHOTOS]
- Founder Of The International Christian Film & Music Festival Launches Family-Friendly Streaming Platform
- Pastor Commits Suicide After Struggling With Mental Illness
This Is The Remix: Your Fave Desserts Made Into Healthy Smoothies
1. Join Us For A Smoothie Challenge #BlenderBeautiesSource: 1 of 12
2. Peach CobblerSource: 2 of 12
3. You’re Gonna Flip Over This Mint Chocolate Chip SipSource: 3 of 12
4. Cookie Cream DreamSource: 4 of 12
5. Peanut Butter Jelly TimeSource: 5 of 12
6. I Aint Gonna Lie, I Love Sweet Potato PieSource: 6 of 12
7. Strawberry ShortcakeSource: 7 of 12
8. Sly Key Lime PieSource: 8 of 12
9. Chocolate Raspberry Shake RemakeSource: 9 of 12
10. Holla At This Pina ColadaSource: 10 of 12
11. Mocha Mood BoosterSource: 11 of 12
12. I Love My Smoothie Helpers!Source: 12 of 12
Why It’s Important For Women To Stay Physically Fit To Help Prevent Heart Disease was originally published on getuperica.com