Steve Pemberton is a speaker and author. His book that will be a movie soon, “A Chance In The World,” is all about his childhood and growing up in foster care. Steve spoke about how one of his foster families was physically and mentally abusive.
They tried to manipulate the system and only fostered him for money. Steve didn’t let them break his spirit and made it out to become a success story. He now helps other foster kids with his foundation and they will be able to get mentored by others. Steve believes that helping these kids will give them the chance they need and deserve.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- St. Jude: Give To Get Your Shirt
- Rev. Al Sharpton Says Roe v. Wade Overturn Will Disproportionately Impact Black People
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade To Make Abortion Unconstitutional
- HBCU FAMU Marching 100 Performs At Louis Vuitton Men’s SS2023 Show In Paris
- Nelly Set To Headline Maryland State Fair In September
- 2022 Caribbean Carnival Returns This July At Clifton Park
- Ravens Legend Tony “Goose” Siragusa Dead At 55
- Money Matters: Building Black Wealth Series “The Road To Home Ownership and Foreclosure Prevention”
- 16 Shot, 5 Killed, In Baltimore Weekend Shootings Including Owner Of Popular Soul Food Restaurant
- Buy Black Tuesday: Where To Shop In B’More [6-21-22]
- 2022 InspireHIM Awards: Honoring Men Making A Difference In Baltimore [WATCH HERE]